Listening

REVIEW TEST 2 - LISTENING
Listening Comprehension 1

You are going to hear a conversation between two friends about Invicta Gallery and then answer the questions from 1 to 5:

Which of the following exhibitions did Mark go to?

A. Michelangelo

B. Monet

C. Van Gogh

D. Matisse

E. Rembrandt

F. Dada

G. Pop Art

H. The photo exhibition
Which of the following exhibitions did Jack go to?

A. Michelangelo

B. Monet

C. Van Gogh

D. Matisse

E. Rembrandt

F. Dada

G. Pop Art

H. The photo exhibition
What can be inferred from the recording?
What is TRUE about “Tomorrow Now” exhibition?
What is Monica and Jane's decision?
Listening Comprehension 2

You are going to hear a conversation between Erica and Frank and then decide whether the statements from 6 to 12 are True or False:

Amy had a love affair with Brian. 
In high school Christine loved Brian. 
In high school Amy loved David. 
Erica fell in love with Frank. 
Amy’s got engaged to David. 
Frank and Christine have been seeing each other since they were at college. 
Erica and Brian got married 2 years ago. 
Listening Comprehension 3

You are going to watch a video in which Psychiatrist Dr. Henry Emmons explains how dietary changes can benefit women with mood disorders.
Watch and then answer the questions from 13 to 18.

According to the video, which one is TRUE?
What is NOT the factor that activates genetic expressions?
How can we shut down gene expression for depression?
What is the symptom of anxious depression?
What is the good food for people who are primarily anxious?
What is the good food for people who are sluggish?
Listening Comprehension 1

Listen to the recording 1 again with the tapescript.

M:
So Jack, do you think you’ll renew your membership? I was just looking at the program for the next year.
J:
I’m not sure really. I didn’t get to see as many exhibitions as I’d hoped to last year. I only went to a couple. I saw the Matisse exhibition. I was really impressed by it.
M:
I didn’t get to see that. I’m not really into that sort of thing, but I heard it was something special, though. I also heard the Monet one was excellent, but I didn’t see it.
J:
No, neither did I. The only other one I went to was the Pop Art one which didn’t really live up to my expectations. How about you? Did you see it?
M:
No, I didn’t actually, but the reviews weren’t very good.
J:
Well, you didn’t miss much at all. It wasn’t worth the effort or the entrance fee, for that matter. Yeah, it was very expensive, now that I think about it.
M:
oh, I’ll tell you what I really liked – the Rembrandt exhibition at the start of the year. It was excellent, although it was really packed. I even had to queue up for half an hour. It was one of the best exhibitions I’ve ever seen. But I think the other thing I really enjoyed last year was the portrait photos exhibition in the café, which is free anyway.
J:
Mmm, the thing is, the membership is expensive if you don’t go to most of the exhibitions. So, how about it then? Are you going to rejoin, or what?
M:
I don’t know. What are you going to do? What’s on that looks interesting?
J:
The “Tomorrow Now” exhibition in January looks great! If it’s anything like the exhibition I saw in Paris last summer – I think some of the works on display will be the same – it should be wonderful. I’d really recommend it.
M:
What about the Cynthia Marlow exhibition?
J:
Oh, let’s give that a miss – she’s boring.
M:
Well, I think we should rejoin, but make sure we go to almost everything next year.
J:
Ok, then, that’s what we’ll do.
Listening Comprehension 2

Listen to the recording 2 again with the tapescript.

E:
Frank? Frank!
F:
Yes?
E:
It’s me. Erica.
F:
Erica! How are you? Ha! I haven’t seen you in ages. Not since we were in high school. How have you been?
E:
I’ve been good. And, hey, you look great!
F:
Well, thanks. So do you. Listen, do you still see any of our old high school friends? I’ve lost touch with most of them.
E:
Yeah. Well, me, too. But, do you remember Amy? I ran into her the other day. What a surprise!
F:
yeah? Sure, I remember Amy. She was going out with Brian, wasn’t she?
E:
That’s right. They really liked each other in those days. I remember Christine liked Brain, too, but her was never really interested in her. He was happy with Amy.
F:
You know, I used to like Amy when we were in high school.
E:
Really? Why didn’t you tell her?
F:
I couldn’t tell her. I mean, she only had eyes for Brian.
E:
Really? Oh, that’s too bad.
F:
Ha – ha! It’s OK. That’s all in the past now. And you used to like Brian, too, didn’t you?
E:
Brain? No way. Actually, I liked David back then. David and I went out a couple of times, you know, but we just never got along very well. He didn’t seem that interested in me.
F:
Poor you!
E:
Poor us!
F:
Yeah.
E:
Anyway, I said I met Amy.
F:
Right. How is she?
E:
Very happy. She’s just got engaged.
F:
Engaged? Who to?
E:
To David, of all people. They were at college together and really hit it off. She split up with Brain and they went their separate ways.
F:
I bet Brain’s upset about that.
E:
No, not really. Um… I don’t think so. Anyway, how about you? Are you seeing anybody?
F:
Yes. And you’ll never guess who!
E:
I have no idea.
F:
Christine!
E:
No! Really?!
F:
Yes! We’ve been seeing each other for a couple of years now. Are you seeing anybody?
E:
Well, I’m married now.
F:
Married? Congratulations! So, who’s the lucky guy?
E:
Brain!
F:
Brain? (Ha-ha!) But when we were in high school,...
E:
I know, we didn’t get along. But now we do. So we got married last September.
F:
Wow! That’s wonderful
Listening Comprehension

Watch the video again with the transcript.

Diet makes a huge difference with mood disorders because the brain is part of the body and the brain, in order to stay healthy and to keep a good balance of neurotransmitters, the only root way it can really do that is to get the right ingredients. We know heart disease and heart health is influenced by diet. It only stands to reason that the same would be true for the brain. So diet, I think it’s one of the very best ways that we have of turning off the genes, the genetic expression that has an influence on who gets mood disorders and who doesn’t. I mean, you might have genes for these illnesses but, unless those genes are activated by lifestyle issues, stresses, environment, you may never get depressed. But once its activated we got to think about how do we turn it off again? How can we shut down that gene expression for an illness like depression? One of the best ways to do that I think is through diet, through nutrients. So I am not somebody who believes that everyone should eat exactly the same diet, a lot of people do but if you did, if you had to eat just one way I think a modified Mediterranean diet is the way to go. But I believe that people have different body types, different mind-body or emotional types and that diet should vary a little from person-to-person. So for example somebody who is primarily anxious, who has lot of stress-related symptoms, can’t sleep, feelings of insecurity, what I call an anxious depression, they are a little better off focusing more on foods that help boost tryptophan and boost serotonin and are calming. So that’s a diet that’s a little, you can have a little more focus on complex carbohydrates because those are the foods that help the brain really utilize tryptophan and they are generally calming. But it’s important that they are complex carbs and not refined carbs because refined carbs, while they have a great appeal, if someone is really stressed or depressed, they will make things worse. They will almost always make things worse. The complex carbs which still have fiber will almost always help. They help stabilize the blood sugar. They help the brain absorb and utilize tryptophan and they are generally, over time, they are generally calming. But somebody who has the opposite kind of depression who is really sluggish, who wants to sleep all the time, somebody who just has no motivation, can’t focus, they may not do as well eating that way. I mean still they should have some complex carbs with every meal every time they eat, but they should focus a little more on protein. So, a little higher protein diet, really good quality lean meats and proteins. I tell people to think about how they would eat in the summer when they are...when it’s hot. So you don’t want to eat a lot of food, you don’t want to eat a lot of heavy food at that time. So think about eating light, a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and just some lean protein sources.
1/ 6

Quảng cáo

Tư vấn và đặt mua thẻ qua điện thoại : 0473053868 (8h-21h)

Luyện thi 123 - Học thú vị - Thi hiệu quả
ĐĂNG PHẢN HỒI CỦA BẠN CHO BÀI HỌC NÀY

Chú ý: Nội dung gửi không nên copy từ Office word

Chèn biểu tượng cảm xúc
Bạn phải đăng nhập để sử dụng chức năng này
CÁC Ý KIẾN BÌNH LUẬN - PHẢN HỒI VỀ BÀI HỌC NÀY
Đăng bởi thành viên Xếp theo
Ngày tham gia: 07-03-2017
Bài viết: 405
• Điểm thành tích: 154
• Sổ học bạ: Học sinh ưu tú
• Điểm học bạ: 1119
Nhập nội dung... (Nội dung ít nhất 10 kí tự)
Gửi lúc: 21:41:38 ngày 07-07-2022
Ngày tham gia: 28-02-2018
Bài viết: 406
• Điểm thành tích: 18
• Sổ học bạ: Học sinh ưu tú
• Điểm học bạ: 428
_No Comment_
Gửi lúc: 08:57:22 ngày 02-12-2021
﹏N͟͟͟͟O͟͟͟͟W͟͟✔OR͟͟͟͟✔NE͟͟͟͟V͟͟ER﹏
Ngày tham gia: 30-05-2017
Bài viết: 2147
• Điểm thành tích: 113