Grammar and Vocabulary

REVIEW TEST 2
Vocabulary and Grammar
Vocabulary
Choose the words related to the topic “Taste and Sense” from the given ones. (4p)

Salty

Herbal

Fancy

Exhibition

Watercolor

Vow

Bitter

Sling

Splint

Cheat

Enlightened

Separate
Choose the words related to the topic “Romance and Marriage” from the given ones. (4p)

Appetizing

Propose

Custody Crooked

Festival

Floral

Apron

Alimony

Mouthwatering

Gallery

Child support

Salty
Choose the words related to the topic “Art and Entertainment” from the given ones. (4p)

Bewildered

Gig

Elated

Recital

Itchy

Chilly

Relieved

Blockbuster

Goggles

Weary

Phenomenon

Fruity
Choose the words related to the topic “Workplace Safety” from the given ones. (3p)

Fluffy

Shaggy

Phenomenon

Sketch

Harsh

Showcase

Antiseptic

Stentorian

Chilly

Coveralls

Relieved

Respirator

From Question 5 to Question 20: Choose the best answer to complete the sentences.

As you walk by a fruit stand in the market the sweet, ..... smell also indicates that the melons are ready to eat.
Don’t jump into a relationship unless you are 100% sure that you have ..... feelings for the other person.
As he nears the end of his remarkable career, Warne is a ..... waiting to be cast in gold for posterity.
Before going down, miners put on special underwear, ....., and boots and strap on an emergency breathing device.
Some people might have been in a caring, committed and romantic relationship, but broke it …………… because they weren’t ready for marriage.
I made my grandmother's strawberry bread recipe and produced the kind of ...... deliciousness people should write poetry about.
When any couple decides to ...... their marriage, they must resolve a number of complicated legal and financial issues.
Next Friday he is going to perform a ..... of sacred choral music at Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford.
They elect presidents and make films into ..... and books into bestsellers.
The trick to get ..... skin is by bathing with warm water. The use of hot water will make your skin dry. Warm water is the best during winter and summer seasons.
Some traditional medical practitioners use ..... medicines and set broken bones.
One night I saw my friend's wife on a date with another guy. I can't imagine why she would commit ..... when she has a loving and caring husband.
He has held several one-man ..... of his paintings.
That silly southern girl's name hadn't been mentioned since Daniel had proposed ..... Elizabeth.
A ..... went off and the building had to be evacuated.
Sultry summer evenings gave way to ..... autumn and cold winter nights.

From Question 21 to Question 26: Look at the given picture and choose the best answer.

Grammar

From Question 27 to Question 50: Choose the correct answer to complete the following sentences:

My dad finally gave up ..... at the age of forty – nine.
I really enjoyed ..... to those MP3s you sent me.
Can you afford ..... so many presents?
You should practice ..... every day or you’ll never learn.
How did you learn ..... Japanese so well?
I thought we discussed ..... to India and now you want to go to China!
We finally managed ...... my passport and then left for the airport.
It was very kind of Jack to offer ..... this weekend.
No! I refuse ..... a moment longer!
Stop pretending ..... asleep. I saw you open your eyes!
My mum suggested ..... bowling, but I didn’t think that was a good idea.
Quentin will do anything to avoid ..... to school. He’s so lazy!
The weather seems ..... better. What about a picnic this weekend?
I expect ..... home at nine o’clock, so have dinner without me.
Our head teacher makes us all ..... jackets – even in summer!
Don’t let the dog ..... on the sofa!
He tried to deny ..... about the money, but no one believed him.
You can make the dog ..... to you by shouting “come”.
Mr. Foster has decided ....., so we’re going to have a party.
I want ..... me what’s wrong, but she won’t.
I feel like ..... out tonight. What about you?
Be quite and let me ..... you how I feel!
I’m really looking forward ..... you next week.
I asked him ..... the letter that I wrote to my grandparents this morning.

From Question 51 to Question 62: Choose the correct form of words in bracket to complete the following passage:

During the First World War, at a time when there was lots of ...(51)....(hate) in the world, one man did more than anyone else to spread ...(52).... (happy). That man was the ...(53)..... (comedy), Charlie Chaplin. Audiences around the world watched his films and each new one caused a lot of ...(54).....(excite). Chaplin created the character of the little tramp and people ...(55)..... (sympathy) with this poor man. Up until then, film comedies had been ...(56).... (noise) and very fast. Although they were ...(57)....(fun) and ...(58)..... (energy), the audiences became ...(59).... (bore) with seeing the same situations. Chaplin produced a ...(60)..... (differ) kind of comedy. It was slower and more ...(61)..... (emotion). His films both made people laugh and touched their ...(62).... (feel). Even today, his films are enjoyed by many people of all ages.

From Question 63 to Question 70: Choose the correct answer to complete the following passage:

Here’s a problem for you. Imagine you’re in a prison cell with two doors. There’s a guard at each door. You can ask one of the guards one question, and then you can go through one door....(63)....you choose the right door, you can go free. ...(64)..... , if you choose the wrong door, you have to stay in prison forever! And it gets worse! ...(65)..... one of the guards always tells the truth, the other one always lies. And you don’t know which one tells the truth. It’s an impossible situation – isn’t it? No, it’s not. But ....(66)..... you’re extremely careful, you might choose the wrong door. And you shouldn’t choose a door ....(67).... you’re absolutely sure it’s the door to freedom. And you’ll only know it’s the right door ...(68).... you ask the right question. So – if you ever find yourself in that situation, here’s what you do. Say to the guards, “If I asked the other guard which door leads to freedom, what would he say?” ....(69)..... of not knowing if the guard always tells the truth or always lies, you’ll always get an answer that will help you. ...(70)..... you get the answer, go through the other door. You’ll be free!

1/ 2

Quảng cáo

Tư vấn và đặt mua thẻ qua điện thoại : 0473053868 (8h-21h)

Luyện thi 123 - Học thú vị - Thi hiệu quả
ĐĂNG PHẢN HỒI CỦA BẠN CHO BÀI HỌC NÀY

Chú ý: Nội dung gửi không nên copy từ Office word

Chèn biểu tượng cảm xúc
Bạn phải đăng nhập để sử dụng chức năng này
CÁC Ý KIẾN BÌNH LUẬN - PHẢN HỒI VỀ BÀI HỌC NÀY
Đăng bởi thành viên Xếp theo
Ngày tham gia: 07-03-2017
Bài viết: 405
• Điểm thành tích: 154
• Sổ học bạ: Học sinh ưu tú
• Điểm học bạ: 1119
Nhập nội dung... (Nội dung ít nhất 10 kí tự)
Gửi lúc: 21:41:32 ngày 07-07-2022
Ngày tham gia: 28-02-2018
Bài viết: 406
• Điểm thành tích: 18
• Sổ học bạ: Học sinh ưu tú
• Điểm học bạ: 428
_No Comment_
Gửi lúc: 08:57:14 ngày 02-12-2021
﹏N͟͟͟͟O͟͟͟͟W͟͟✔OR͟͟͟͟✔NE͟͟͟͟V͟͟ER﹏
Ngày tham gia: 30-05-2017
Bài viết: 2147
• Điểm thành tích: 113