Grammar and Vocabulary

REVIEW TEST 1
Vocabulary and Grammar
Vocabulary

From question 1 to 25, choose the best answer to complete each sentence.

_____ are tools which utilize a discrete method to convey information, such as letters or numbers.
These materials are often stronger, more durable, and lighter than those that are not produced with the help of _____
_____ is the branch of biology dealing with the relations and interactions of organisms and their environment, including other organisms.
_____ helps mankind to survive and live safely on the planet by allowing us to predict weather, analyze the results of different weather, and predict climate change.
Humans have 23 pairs of _____ in their cells.
The beauty of Lai Chau Province, Nam Na River has been under threat of destruction because of _____ projects with no intervention from local authorities.
Revolutionary Green Technology will _____ southern Ontario's economy and environment.
A _____ skeleton had been found by explorers in Son Doong Cave–the world’s largest cave–in the north central province of Quang Binh.
_____ is a broad scientific discipline that studies Earth through the history and processes of rocks and minerals.
Unexpected water in the basements damaged walls and floors. This report suggested that _____ in all the houses on this street might have been caused by the storm last night.
Since normal daily activities such as breathing, bathing, and cooking create moisture, _____ can spur the growth of mold.
The best way to avoid a _____ is to install a chimney cap. This cap will prevent animals of all shapes and sizes from bringing any nesting material into your flue.
Red wine _____ on drapes can be easily removed. The removal method you choose will be dependent on the fabric of your drape.
To put up a _____ is a fabulous way to save electricity and money when drying clothes.
In order to properly use these _____, you must match the size and type of screw with the size and type of them.
After checking the schedule and departure _____, it’s time to find your train. You should be ready to board the train the minute it arrives.
Many airlines flying to Cambodia, Japan or even Australia have _____ in Singapore. Being stuck in an airport waiting for your next flight is never fun, but Singapore might surprise you with a few interesting options.
E-ZPass allows for all drivers to proceed through the _____ via any lane without stopping.
The city government argues that the _____ are a solution to traffic jams that enables effective mobility and the better flow of vehicles.
When you are traveling long distances by plane, you will feel _____ and it can leave you feeling completely wrecked for several days to a week after you arrive at your destination.
The tourism development expert said the government should focus on improving the quality of _____ instead of foreigners.
My family has always been there to _____ and is there when I return.
Last year, my friends and I _____, and I will never forget the time I got spectacular views of all the Himalayan mountain range.
Today, instead of wearing _____ and rather cartoonish threads, she's opted for a sleek and elegant style.
Fashion in the world is driven by some of the most inspiring and _____ fashion designers whose creations have been accepted by a large number of people across the world.

From question 26 to 29, look at the given picture and choose the best answer.

Grammar

From question 30 to 61, choose the best answer to complete the sentence.

Jim always goes to bed at 11o’clock. Tom is going to visit him at 11.30 this evening. When Tom arrives, Jim _____
Hopefully tomorrow, we _____ on the beach all day.
It's strange that when we get to Sydney, we _____ half way round the world.
This time tomorrow, _____ on a train to Barcelona?
I couldn’t stay up late last night because I _____ up at 5:00 this morning.
Tom is on holiday and he is spending his money very quickly. If he continues like this, he _____ all his money before the end of his holiday.
Tomorrow afternoon we're going to play tennis from 3 o'clock until 4.30. So at 4 o'clock, we _____ tennis.
If nothing is done, one million species that are alive today _____ extinct in twenty years.
I _____ to the station so early. The train was an hour late.
By the end of this year I _____ more than one hundred thousand kilometers with this car.
Tom and Ann are going to the cinema .The film begins at 7.30 and it _____ them 20 minutes to get there. When they get there, the film _____.
A: I ran two miles in six minutes. B: You _____. It is impossible to run that fast.
Chuck came to Britain from the US nearly three years ago. Next Monday it will be exactly three years since he arrived. Next Monday, he _____ here exactly three years.
Jane is from New Zealand. She is travelling around Europe at the moment. So far she has travelled about 1.000 miles. By the end of the trip, she _____ more than 3.000 miles.
I am so tired now. I _____ a nap before we left.
Ken is really sick now. He _____ so much at the buffet last night.
Mary stopped talking _____ the middle of her story, and suddenly started to cry. I think we were all crying _____ the time she finished telling us what had happened.
The professor said _____ the first day of the course that there would be a big final test _____the end of the semester.
We were really worried _____ first because the banks were closed _____ Saturdays, so we couldn't exchange money. But _____ the end, everything worked out because we were able to exchange money at the hotel.
I have been sitting here _____ more than an hour. If they don't arrive _____ the next ten minutes, I'm leaving.
It snows here every year _____ December. We always go outside and play in the snow _____ Christmas day.
_____ the post-earthquake years (1989-1991), it was hard to get into the downtown section of the city due to the closed freeway sections.
_____ the dawn of time until the 1800s, the world's population totaled less than 1 billion.
Aluminium wasn't used _____ the 20th century because it does not exist in a pure state in nature
Yumi is a great swimmer. In fact, she _____ when she was only four years old.
To the north, I can see airplanes getting ready to take-off _____ the runway.
I’ve got a stomachache this morning. I _____ too much last night.
Texas lost the World Series to St. Louis. With such a great team, Texas _____.
A: I wonder if the kids are enjoying the party? B: They ______ the problem, I’m sure.
Who was that guy at the party last night? I don’t know. It _____ Pepita’s new boyfriend.
_____ me someone put his hand on my shoulder. I looked back. An old man was looking at me disapprovingly.
A: _____ we go out for a meal tonight? B: Yes, that would be nice.

Question 62: you are going to see a map, and read the statements below, then you have to match the name of the place with the block A, B, C.

a. The restaurant is between the bank and the hotel.
b. The school is in front of the police station.
c. The supermarket is across from the train station.
A
B
C
The school
The restaurant
The supermarket

From question 63 to 65, see the map again and YOU ARE AT THE X POINT
Now you have the name of the block A, B, C in the map. Follow the directions then drag and drop the name of the place that you can get into the blank.

From question 66 to 70, identify the function of each modal verb in the following senteces by dragging and dropping.

1/ 2

Quảng cáo

Tư vấn và đặt mua thẻ qua điện thoại : 0473053868 (8h-21h)

Luyện thi 123 - Học thú vị - Thi hiệu quả
ĐĂNG PHẢN HỒI CỦA BẠN CHO BÀI HỌC NÀY

Chú ý: Nội dung gửi không nên copy từ Office word

Chèn biểu tượng cảm xúc
Bạn phải đăng nhập để sử dụng chức năng này
CÁC Ý KIẾN BÌNH LUẬN - PHẢN HỒI VỀ BÀI HỌC NÀY
Đăng bởi thành viên Xếp theo
Ngày tham gia: 05-12-2018
Bài viết: 7105
• Điểm thành tích: 864
• Sổ học bạ: Hăng say phát biểu
• Điểm học bạ: 101
yup:)))
Gửi lúc: 21:17:19 ngày 17-05-2020
♪ ♪ ♪ lá lá lá ♪ ♪ ♪
Ngày tham gia: 08-04-2016
Bài viết: 92
• Điểm thành tích: 22
• Sổ học bạ: Học sinh triển vọng
• Điểm học bạ: 150
_no comment_
Gửi lúc: 17:32:09 ngày 09-05-2020
Ngày tham gia: 09-06-2016
Bài viết: 121
• Điểm thành tích: 22
• Điểm học bạ: 148
_Miễn bình luận_
Gửi lúc: 09:25:29 ngày 24-04-2020
Ngày tham gia: 14-10-2019
Bài viết: 715
• Điểm thành tích: 42
• Điểm học bạ: 99
_No Comment_
Gửi lúc: 10:12:59 ngày 05-04-2020
Ai là fan của Princess Star Butterfly thì kết bạn vs tớ nhé. Star Butterfly!!!
Ngày tham gia: 05-10-2018
Bài viết: 1925
• Điểm thành tích: 126
• Sổ học bạ: Chăm học
• Điểm học bạ: 78
_No comment_
Gửi lúc: 13:52:47 ngày 02-04-2020
→♎๖ۣۜŦɾầй ๖ۣۜǤïą ๖ۣۜℌʉү ♎←
Đóng