KIỂM TRA 45 PHÚT SỐ 12 – NĂM HỌC 2012-2013
Môn: TIẾNG ANH - LỚP 12
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
1. The referee had no hesitation in awarding the visiting team a _______.
2. The goalie tried to catch _______ ball, but he failed.
3. Most referees often wears _______ black.
4. The burglar _______.
5. Ellen _______ and sang her song.
6. Vietnam recommended archery, vovinam, billiards-snooker and canoeing _______ official sports at the games.
7. _______, the athlete broke the world's record with two attempts.
8. My neighbor is driving me mad! It seems that _______ it is at night, _______ he plays his music!
9. The Sears Tower is _______ building in Chicago.
10. As she did so, her parents became _______.
11. In former days, after the battles soldiers on both sides died or were left wounded on the field without any _______ attendance and basic care.
12. The International Red Cross helps to ensure respect for the human being, and to prevent and relieve human _______.
13. _______ is a situation in which large numbers of people have little or no food, and many of them die.
14. Everything is _______ you. I cannot make _______ my mind yet.
15. The customer had tried ____ some blouses but none of them suited her.
The 22nd SEA Games, hosted this year by Vietnam, has joined the international movement to rid sports of tobacco. For the first time, the regional sporting event will be tobacco-free under a landmark cooperative agreement signed in April 2003 between the World Health Organization (WHO), the 22nd SEA Games Organizing Committee and the Vietnamese Ministry of Health. Hanoi Health Department has organized a press seminar to celebrate and raise awareness about the tobacco-free SEA Games.
The 22nd SEA Games is the first games hosted by Vietnam and 10 countries from the Southeast Asian region with nearly 8,000 athletes and coaches will participate. It will be the first tobacco-free international sporting event in Vietnam, joining other international tobacco-free sporting events such as the FIFA World Cup 2002, and the Winter Olympic Games 2002.
The 22nd SEA Games will ban all sales, advertising and other promotion of tobacco products, and restricts smoking in all Games venues. The aim is to protect spectators, athletes, event staff, media and other visitors from the serious health hazards of second-hand tobacco smoke, as well as to change public attitudes about the social acceptability of smoking.
Madame Pascale Brudon, WHO Representative in Vietnam, stated, "Vietnam has established 3 years ago a comprehensive, ambitious national tobacco control policy and a national tobacco control program. The tobacco-free 22nd SEA Games will be yet another area where Vietnam is leading the way for other countries in the region and the world in protecting its citizens from the debilitating and disastrous consequences of tobacco use."
WHO has provided funding and technical assistance to the SEA Games Organizing Committee and Vietnamese Ministry of Health to train of over 4,000 SEA Games organizers and volunteers on the implementation of the tobacco-free policy. An international team of trainers from the Ministry of Health, International Organization for Good Temper (lOGT), WHO and International Development Enterprises (IDE) began a series of national training workshops for volunteers in April, 2003.
The tobacco-free SEA Games are an inspiration and a model for other sport events, big and small, not only in Vietnam but also in the Southeast Asian and Western Pacific Region.
1. In the 22nd SEA Games _______.
2. According to the text, _______.
3. According to the third paragraph, _______.
4. One of the aims of the tobacco-free SEA Games is __________.
5. Which sentence is not true?
1. The windsurfer stands on a board that is propelled (A) and steering (B) by means of a sail attached (C) to a mast that (D) is articulated at the foot.
2. Since 1984 (A) the sport has included (B) in the (C) Olympic Games as (D) part of the yachting events.
3. The SEA Games are (A) under regulation (B) of the Southeast Asian Games Federation with (C) supervision (D) by the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Council of Asia.
4. The proposed rationale was that (A) a regional sports event will help (B) promote cooperative (C), understanding and relations among (D) countries in the Southeast Asian region.
5. UNICEF's child protection (A) programs also aim at (B) those children who (C) are uniquely vulnerable to the abuses, so as (D) when living without parental care, in remote areas, or in very poor family.
1. Whenever she came to my house, she brought a friend.
2. I'm sure it wasn't Mrs. Elton you saw because she's in Bristol.
3. There are more sports competed in this SEA Games than in last SEA Games.
4. Mary says that when her drugs budget was exhausted she turned to the Swedish Red Cross.
5. I find it difficult to get rid of my smoking habit.